(2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Corn & pinto bean griddle cakes topped with chicken
Tired of the same recipes? Don’t fret! Tonight, prepare a different, easy and delicious dish with Isadora® beans.
- Griddle cakes: 1 pkg. Isadora® whole pinto beans
- rinsed and drained 2 cups instant masa flour 1 ½ cups water ½ teaspoon salt ¼ cup vegetable oil ¾ teaspoon baking powder Vegetable oil for frying
- Topping: 1/2 cup Isadora® whole pinto beans from above 2 cups cooked shredded chicken* 1 TBS. olive oil 4 green onions
- sliced thin (about 1/3 cup) 1 ½ cups tomato salsa 1 cup chopped black olives ½ cup crumbled queso fresco 1-2 avocados
- thinly sliced
How to Cook
- 1Mix together masa flour, water, salt, baking powder and vegetable oil until combined. Stir in all but a ½ cup of the Isadora® beans, gently, taking care to keep them whole. Form into small patties, about 4” in diameter and about 3/8” thick using about 1/3 cup dough for each patty.
- 2Preheat the oven to 250° F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- 3Pour vegetable oil into a medium skillet, about ¼” deep. Over medium heat, sauté corn cakes slowly until browned on both sides adding more vegetable oil, as necessary. If cakes brown too quickly, reduce the heat. Once they are browned, place on platter and keep warm in oven.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add Isadora® beans, olives, chicken, and salsa; cook until heated through.
- 5Place 2 corn cakes on each plate; top each with about ¼ cup chicken/bean topping. Top each cake with queso fresco and garnish with sliced avocado. *Sauté 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.) in a little oil over medium heat until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn the breasts over, cover and continue to cook about 5 more minutes. Let cool then shred. Or use chicken from a rotisserie chicken.