(2 votes, average: 4.00 out of 5)
Green chile and roasted garlic rice
This recipe is ideal, the only thing missing were Isadora® beans and now it’s perfect! Try it and discover a world of flavor.
- 1 pkg. marca Isadora® whole black beans
- drained 3 heads garlic 1 TBS. olive oil 3 cups cooked rice 2 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles (1 cup) 3 cups sour cream ¾ teaspoon salt ½ cup grated jack cheese ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pineapple salsa: 1 small fresh pineapple
- and cut into large chunks 1 fresh jalapeno
- seeded and chopped ¼ cup fresh lime juice ½ teaspoon salt 1 cup cilantro leaves
- lightly packed
- some stems ok ¼ small red onion
How to Cook
- 1 Pineapple Salsa: Place all salsa ingredients in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped; don’t puree. Or chop everything finely by hand and combine. Set aside.
- 2 Cut about ¼” off the top of each head of garlic. Place each on a small square of aluminum foil and drizzle ½ TBS oil over the cut area. Wrap the foil around each head of garlic and place on a baking pan and place in a 400° F oven. Roast garlic for about 40 minutes or until soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, Isadora® whole black beans, chopped green chiles, salt, and sour cream. When garlic is cool, squeeze the cooked garlic into the bowl, discard the papery skins. Stir in shredded jack cheese.
- 4 Turn mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes, remove foil, top with cheddar cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 5 Serve with pineapple salsa.