(2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Tex mex macaroni & cheese
Now a kid’s favorite dish has become a family favorite, thanks to Isadora® beans.
- 1 pkg. Isadora® whole pinto beans
- drained 3 TBS. butter ½ medium onion
- finely chopped 1 clove garlic
- peeled and minced 3 TBS. flour 2 ½ cups milk ½ teaspoon salt or to taste Pepper to taste 12 oz. Colby jack cheese
- shredded 8 oz. Elbow macaroni 1 can diced tomatoes
- drained 2 cups corn chips
How to Cook
- 1 Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until almost tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Heat butter in a large saucepan until melted; add chopped onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, stir in grated cheese. When cheese is melted, stir in tomatoes, macaroni and Isadora® beans. Top with crumbled corn chips.
- 3 Bake at 350 F until golden brown and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes.